California Solano Fictitious Business Name Statement / Certificate
Doing Business As Solano dba in California
Filed & Published
|NOTE: $9.99 for Each Add'l Bus. Name or Registrant.||If it has more than ONE Registrant(s) (owner(s) , a $ 10 add'l fee applies|
|$10.00||> ORDER NOW|
|Solano Bundle: Fictitious Name/Fed/State/ Permit.||Fictitious Name (DBA), Fed & State Tax Id and Sellers Permit.|
|$229.00||> ORDER NOW|
|Solano Fictitious Name||Filed and Published|
|$129.99||> ORDER NOW|
Note: Fictitious Business Name procedure for San Francisco is Different
Here's what this process includes:
- Payment for Our Solano Fictitious Business Name Service (important: provide your email and or fax when submitting your online credit card or check order ).
- Reception of a Solano Fictitious Business Name Application Form by email fax .
- Completion of the Solano Fictitious Business Name form
- Mailing of the Solano Fictitious Business Name form - takes one day to get to our office ( or we pick it up for same day service).
- Inspection and Correction of the Solano Fictitious Business Name form
- Taking the form to government building for Filing of the Solano Fictitious Business Name
- Taking the Solano Fictitious Business Name Certified, Filed Document to a Legally Adjudicated Newspaper for Publishing of the form
- Mailing and / or faxing (faxing for expedited orders only and upon request) of Solano Fictitious Business Name Certified, Filed form
|Filing of proof of publication of the Solano Fictitious Business Name|
- FIRST . . . use a check or credit card to Purchase a Solano Fictitious Business Name (FBN) online, mail us a check or order by phone
- You receive a confirmation email or fax with links for Solano Fictitious Business Name business name search, instructions, and forms.
|Mail the Solano Fictitious Business Name to us the form by regular mail - you need to do that because the government needs an original signature - so no faxes or emails of completed applications are accepted- Normally, it takes one day to get to our offices in the Los Angeles area.|
|When we receive the Solano Fictitious Business Name, we inspect it, and correct it if necessary; then, we pay the filing fee and file it with gov't office.|
|Then we take the filed Solano Fictitious Business Name certified original copy to legally adjudicated newspaper and pay for its publication for four weeks|
|Then, we mail you the Solano Fictitious Business Name certified original Solano Fictitious name copy, with receipt for payment of publication - that is all you need to open a bank account. In certain cases, we fax you the copies, and a lot of banks let you open a bank account with the faxed copies. |
|You take the original Solano Fictitious Business Name certified copy and the publication receipt to a bank and you open a bank account with it.|
|After four weeks of the FBN's publication, we file a publication proof with the gov't .|
Benefits of a Solano Fictitious Business Name FBN - Doing Business As Solano dba :
|It allows you to open a bank accounts in the Solano dba Solano Fictitious Business Name so you can receive and write checks in the company's name. Simply put, it is more professional to use a business name to do business than using your own name ( especially if no one can pronounce your name - as in my case.) |
|You can sue others with the same Solano Fictitious Business Name, if you have filed before them|
|It allows you to do business with a Solano Fictitious Business Name fitting to your business. For example, you can call your company "Fly-By-Night," or "Rob'em & Cheat'em," if you think it will help your business ( by the way, I don't highly recommend any of the above names).|
|More realistically speaking, it would make a difference if you were a computer consultant and named your company "Computek Guru," than going by your own name, for example "John Smith's Computer Advice". |
|Can file as many names as you wish. Note: imagine the possibilities. Have 10 different names with 10 different Solano Fictitious names. Obtain a Federal Tax Id for each Solano Fictitious Name. Build 10 different credit lines in the 10 different names - each with a different tax id. Even if you could obtain $10,000 for each company name, you would end up having $100,000 credit line in a short time. |
|Now, please tell me... what's most important when your running a business? After having clients, the most important thing is CASH! CASH is the most important thing to stay and succeed in business. And I want to remind you . . . no one loves you enough to loan you any serious money ... except the banks ( because they make money out of it... of course).|
|How you can justify so many companies? The possibilities are endless: each part of your business could be a different company ( which I highly recommend for tax purposes). For example, if you were selling widgets, you could have a marketing department/company, a purchasing department / company, a supplies department / company, a distribution department company, etc. No one tells you to have one company for your company - split it up as many times as possible|
- Other business or corporations may have the same name.
- Other business may file the same name even after you file yours
"Solano dba" or Solano Fictitious Business Name (FBN). What is it?
A Solano Fictitious Business Name is simply a filing and publication by the business or individual under which the Solano Fictitious Business Name operates.
It tells the community that John Doe, who lives on 1 Somewhere St. in Beverly Hills, CA 90210, operates a business called "Getoll De Muny," and his business address is 1 Nowhere St, Los Angeles California 90000.
So now people and banks can trust you (and I have no idea why) and they will issue checks in the company's name and the bank will open a bank account and let you cash the checks. NOTE THE BANK will not open a bank account unless you have a Solano Fictitious Business Name is simply a filing and publication of the business or individual under which the Solano Fictitious Business Name operates.
"Solano dba" means "Doing Business As..." A person or a company is using a business name other than their personal or corporation name.
Example: Tony Soprano starts a business called "Rob 'em and Cheat 'em". Obviously, he does not want his name to be associated with the business name , so a Solano dba registration is required, unless he uses "Tony Soprano" or even Tony Soprano, the Robber" as his business name because in the latter case his real name is incorporated in the business name.
The same applies when a Corporation, an LLC, a General Partnership, etc. wants to do business in another name. Example, your corporation name is "Rob 'em and Cheat 'em" and you want to do business as "Rob 'em". You need to obtain a Solano dba for that name.
1. Generally you need a Fed tax id, if you have employees, and you need to separate
yourself from the company for tax purposes - however, you could do your taxes under your social security if you don't have employees.
· However, the question is whether you want to do business under your social security #.
· If you do, all of your personal assets are subject to civil suits, and creditors.
· In addition, you can…YES you can build a separate credit line with a secured or unsecured business credit card or by obtaining a loan in the federal tax id. So long as you make it clear in the contracts you enter into, your personal assets are not completely at stake, because if you have a fed Tax Id (EIN), it is additional evidence that the party to the contract was dealing with a business and not an individual. – however, keep in mind that incorporation is the organization that really shields your assets and protects you from civil liability so long as you follow the corporate formalities.
2. Do I need a State Tax ID? See "1" above: you need it if you pay employee(s) more than $100 per year.
3. You need a seller's permit in California if you sell any type of products – YOU GET tax free purchases for ITEMS YOU BUY to resell.