California Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name Statement / Certificate
Doing Business As Contra Costa dba in California
DBA Filed And Published
|Contra Costa Bundle: DBA, Fed & State Tax id, Resale Permit||Fictitious Name, Fed & State Tax id, Sellers Permit||$189.99||> ORDER NOW|
|Contra Costa Fictitious Name||We file and publish your dba doing business as statement||$99.95||> ORDER NOW|
Note: Fictitious Business Name procedure for San Francisco is Different
Here's what this process includes:
- Payment for Our Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name Service (important: provide your email and or fax when submitting your online credit card or check order ).
- Reception of a Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name Application Form by email fax .
- Completion of the Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name form
- Mailing of the Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name form - takes one day to get to our office ( or we pick it up for same day service).
- Inspection and Correction of the Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name form
- Taking the form to government building for Filing of the Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name
- Taking the Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name Certified, Filed Document to a Legally Adjudicated Newspaper for Publishing of the form
- Mailing and / or faxing (faxing for expedited orders only and upon request) of Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name Certified, Filed form
|Filing of proof of publication of the Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name|
- FIRST . . . use a check or credit card to Purchase a Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name (FBN) online, mail us a check or order by phone
- You receive a confirmation email or fax with links for Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name business name search, instructions, and forms.
|Mail the Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name to us the form by regular mail - you need to do that because the government needs an original signature - so no faxes or emails of completed applications are accepted- Normally, it takes one day to get to our offices in the Los Angeles area.|
|When we receive the Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name, we inspect it, and correct it if necessary; then, we pay the filing fee and file it with gov't office.|
|Then we take the filed Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name certified original copy to legally adjudicated newspaper and pay for its publication for four weeks|
|Then, we mail you the Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name certified original Contra Costa Fictitious name copy, with receipt for payment of publication - that is all you need to open a bank account. In certain cases, we fax you the copies, and a lot of banks let you open a bank account with the faxed copies. |
|You take the original Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name certified copy and the publication receipt to a bank and you open a bank account with it.|
|After four weeks of the FBN's publication, we file a publication proof with the gov't .|
Benefits of a Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name FBN - Doing Business As Contra Costa dba :
|It allows you to open a bank accounts in the Contra Costa dba Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name so you can receive and write checks in the company's name. Simply put, it is more professional to use a business name to do business than using your own name ( especially if no one can pronounce your name - as in my case.) |
|You can sue others with the same Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name, if you have filed before them|
|It allows you to do business with a Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name fitting to your business. For example, you can call your company "Fly-By-Night," or "Rob'em & Cheat'em," if you think it will help your business ( by the way, I don't highly recommend any of the above names).|
|More realistically speaking, it would make a difference if you were a computer consultant and named your company "Computek Guru," than going by your own name, for example "John Smith's Computer Advice". |
|Can file as many names as you wish. Note: imagine the possibilities. Have 10 different names with 10 different Contra Costa Fictitious names. Obtain a Federal Tax Id for each Contra Costa Fictitious Name. Build 10 different credit lines in the 10 different names - each with a different tax id. Even if you could obtain $10,000 for each company name, you would end up having $100,000 credit line in a short time. |
|Now, please tell me... what's most important when your running a business? After having clients, the most important thing is CASH! CASH is the most important thing to stay and succeed in business. And I want to remind you . . . no one loves you enough to loan you any serious money ... except the banks ( because they make money out of it... of course).|
|How you can justify so many companies? The possibilities are endless: each part of your business could be a different company ( which I highly recommend for tax purposes). For example, if you were selling widgets, you could have a marketing department/company, a purchasing department / company, a supplies department / company, a distribution department company, etc. No one tells you to have one company for your company - split it up as many times as possible|
- Other business or corporations may have the same name.
- Other business may file the same name even after you file yours
"Contra Costa dba" or Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name (FBN). What is it?
A Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name is simply a filing and publication by the business or individual under which the Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name operates.
It tells the community that John Doe, who lives on 1 Somewhere St. in Beverly Hills, CA 90210, operates a business called "Getoll De Muny," and his business address is 1 Nowhere St, Los Angeles California 90000.
So now people and banks can trust you (and I have no idea why) and they will issue checks in the company's name and the bank will open a bank account and let you cash the checks. NOTE THE BANK will not open a bank account unless you have a A Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name is simply a filing and publication of the business or individual under which the Contra Costa Fictitious Business Name operates.
"Contra Costa dba" means "Doing Business As..." A person or a company is using a business name other than their personal or corporation name.
Example: Tony Soprano starts a business called "Rob 'em and Cheat 'em". Obviously, he does not want his name to be associated with the business name , so a Contra Costa dba registration is required, unless he uses "Tony Soprano" or even Tony Soprano, the Robber" as his business name because in the latter case his real name is incorporated in the business name.
The same applies when a Corporation, an LLC, a General Partnership, etc. wants to do business in another name. Example, your corporation name is "Rob 'em and Cheat 'em" and you want to do business as "Rob 'em". You need to obtain a Contra Costa dba for that name.
1. Generally you need a Fed tax id, if you have employees, and you need to separate
yourself from the company for tax purposes - however, you could do your taxes under your social security if you don't have employees.
· However, the question is whether you want to do business under your social security #.
· If you do, all of your personal assets are subject to civil suits, and creditors.
· In addition, you can…YES you can build a separate credit line with a secured or unsecured business credit card or by obtaining a loan in the federal tax id. So long as you make it clear in the contracts you enter into, your personal assets are not completely at stake, because if you have a fed Tax Id (EIN), it is additional evidence that the party to the contract was dealing with a business and not an individual. – however, keep in mind that incorporation is the organization that really shields your assets and protects you from civil liability so long as you follow the corporate formalities.
2. Do I need a State Tax ID? See "1" above: you need it if you pay employee(s) more than $100 per year.
3. You need a seller's permit in California if you sell any type of products – YOU GET tax free purchases for ITEMS YOU BUY to resell.