Fictitious Business Name Frequently Asked Questions
General Questions If you are located in California, how do you file the dba for me in another state? The Fictitious Business Name Form Price and Methods of Payment How Long Does It Take?
What is a fictitious business name or doing business as DBA? How will you Help me File & Publish my Fictitious Business Name DBA? What do I have to do in this process to file my fictitious name certificate? So you do everything for me? Do I need a fictitious business name? What if my BUSINESS NAME is taken? Which Newspaper (s) do you use to publish my fictitious name? I tried paying by credit card online and after I clicked on check out, the form asks for a company name. Is this the name of my fictitious business name? I don't know where my business is located Business Name Concerns and Questions: What if my business name already exists? Is a fictitious name same as a business license Back to Top
check out, the form asks for a company name. Is this the name of my fictitious business name?
Do I have to pay before I download a form? Where can I find the fictitious name form to complete? Is it hard to fill out the Fictitious Name dba form? I tried paying by credit card online and after I clicked on check out, the form asks for a company name. Is this the name of my fictitious business name? Back to Top
Do you file AND publish the fictitious business name for $99.99? What Does the Dba filing include? How come your prices are so low Which major credit cards and checks are accepted? Is it safe to order online? Back to Top
How long does it take to file and publish a non expedited dba / fictitious business name? How long does it take to file and publish an expedited dba / fictitious business name? Can you file my dba on the same day I purchase your service? How long does it take to file and publish a fictitious name? When will I be able to open a bank account? Back to Top
We have representatives and partners in every state. Actually, in many states, we send a representative to your home or office. He or she presents the dba form to you, you sign the dba and then he or she takes it for filing and publication. Yes! After you pay you receive a confirmation email. The email has all the links to the forms, business name search, zip code search and instructions. Back to Top Where can I find the fictitious name form to complete?
- After payment, you receive a confirmation email with all the links to search for business name availability and the downloadable completed forms. Back to Top
Is it hard to fill out the form?
- We normally fill out the form for you. Back to Top
When will I be able to open a bank account?
- After we file it and publish it we send you a receipt for
- payment for publication and an original certified copy
- of the filed dba - that is all you need to open a bank account. Back to Top
Do I need a fictitious business name? What if my business name already exists?
- Then you will have to choose another name. AFTER payment, we will sent you a link to go online and search at the local level, and the state, corporate level for availability of your business name. Back to Top
What if I pay first and my name is not available?
If you are a small business just starting out, get ANY fictitious business name, then get your bank account, get your merchant account, and start making some money. Back to Top
I am planning to form a corporation and the fictitious name will be under the corporation. Do I still need a Fictitious name?
- You probably do because a corporation takes considerably longer to form. A dba is the fastest and least expensive way to start accepting checks in the name of the business. Later when your business is better, you may want to form a corporation and file another fictitious name under it. Back to Top
Information about a Fictitious Business Name Statement (FBN) or a "Doing Business As" (DBA)
By the way there is no difference between a Fictitious Business Name Statement (FBN) or a "Doing Business As" (DBA)
A Fictitious Business Name is simply a filing and publication by the business or individual under which the Fictitious Business Name operates. Back to Top
It tells the community that John Doe, who lives on 1 Somewhere St. in Beverly Hills, CA 90210, operates a business called "Getoll De Muny," and his business address is 1 Nowhere St, Los Angeles California 90000.
So now people and banks can trust you (and I have no idea why) and they will issue checks in the company's name and the bank will open a bank account and let you cash the checks. NOTE THE BANK will not open a bank account unless you have aFictitious Business Name - which is simply a filing and publication of the business or individual under which the Fictitious Business Name operates. Back to Top
"DBA" means "Doing Business As..." A person or a company is using a business name other than their personal or corporation name.
Example: Tony Soprano starts a business called "Rob 'em and Cheat 'em". Obviously, he does not want his name to be associated with the business name , so a DBA registration is required, unless he uses "Tony Soprano" or even Tony Soprano, the Robber" as his business name because in the latter case his real name is incorporated in the business name. Back to Top
Is a fictitious name same as a business license
No. A business license is simply a flat rate business tax fee by local governments or the state or both in most cases. The fee depends on the type of business and ranges between $50 and thousands of dollars depending on the locality and the nature of the business. For example, as an , I am required to be licensed by the State Bar of California and I pay them a flat annual fee. In addition, I have to pay local government fees for each location I maintain , promote and do business in - i.e., must have a physical location - you can do business in other cities without a license (in most cases) so long as your don't have a physical location there. That is the case form most regulated professions. On the other hand a typical business is required to pay business tax only to the local government and the fee is about $100 to $200 dollars for most businesses, unless you do business in a rich area like Beverly Hills where you have to pay more.
A fictitious name is simply a legally required filed and published Statement that you do business under a name other than your own personal name. It is used to transact business under that name and collect money in the form of checks or credit cards based on a business bank account with the fictitious business name. For example, the bank will not open a bank account in a name other than your own personal name unless you have a filed and published fictitious business name statement as required by law. Back to Top
Here's what this process includes:
After you purchase our service, you receive a confirmation email. Then we fill out the form and we either bring it to you to sign it or we email the completed form to you with other instructions. It all depends on the state you are in. At any rate, we will pay the fees and notarize (if required), file, publish (if required), and send you the certified, filed original copies.
Take these documents and open a bank account. The, we file a proof of publication.
I have a corporation can I file a fictitious name under it?
- Yes. The registrant of the fictitious name will be the corporation and you will sign as the officer of the corporation.
Do you file AND publish the fictitious name for the price stated?
So you do everything?
What do I have to do in this process to file my fictitious name certificate? You just sign the form. Then, we file it, publish it, send you the certified filed receipts, (so you can open a bank account )and we finally file a proof of publication a month later.
Which Newspaper (s) do you use to publish my fictitious name?
- We have several legally adjudicated papers that we do business with.
How long does it take to file and publish a fictitious name?
5-8 business days for a regular filing - may take longer in some states or counties. Back to Top
- Everything: publication, filing the dba, mailing you the receipts, and filing proof of publication.
How can I be sure you are a legitimate and real service? Is it safe to order online? Which major credit cards are accepted? Company Name: No, if you mean the form you fill to give your credit card information, it is the company that the credit card is issued to, unless it is your personal credit card in which case just disregard it. Back to Top
DBA Fictitious Names
Non Expedited dba takes about 5-8 days Back to Top
Expedited dba takes about 2-4 days, but we can really expedited by coming to pick it up from your home or office if you purchase the same day option. Your dba will be filed and published the same day. Call us at 877-588-7974 to obtain that service.Xkr Essex, Inc. A Business Filing and Incorporation Legal Service BEVERLY HILLS 877.588.7974 433 N. Camden Dr. Ste 600.Zip: 90210 Back to Top
Back to Top
Back to Top agent for acceptance of service
- To check our status with our Merchant account online processing, click on the button below and look in the lower left corner of the page you will be directed click on the button again. You will see this information from our Merchant Bank Account:
Company Name: Xkr Essex, Inc
Company Location: BEVERLY HILLS, CA
Current ECHO Merchant: Yes
n. states require that a corporation name an actual person (usually in the articles of incorporation or other filing with the Secretary of State) who is authorized to accept service of any lawsuit or claim against the corporation. Many larger corporations, particularly those which operate in several states, name a professional agent which represents many corporations.
We simply have very few employees that work very hard and our packages contain the necessary documents without the fancy and unnecessary items other services give you.
Is it safe to order online?Our Merchant account is handled by www.echo-inc.com They make sure all transactions processed are safe by using the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption standard. Using a SSL compliant browser such as Microsoft's Internet Explorer or Netscape's Navigator and you will be able to conduct encrypted transactions on our website.
Which major credit cards are accepted?
We currently accept checks ( online and offline), Master card, Visa and AMEX.
How to Start a Business
Aguide to basic requirements.
First, Clear Your Business Location
Make sure the zoning is correct for your new business address.
• Every business must meet zoning requirements and restrictions to insure that it’s business category and site are compatible.
• A few businesses that heavily impact their area require a Conditional Use Permit (CUP). Application - typically a 5-month process in which environmental impacts are studied by Planning and are then subject to Planning Commission approval or denial.
Second, obtain a Fictitious Business Name Statement, or Incorporate.
File a fictitious name statement and file your “doing business as” name in a local newspaper.
• If you use your initials or first and middle name along with your last name in the name of your business, such as A. L. Smiths Consulting, or Al L. Smith Materials, you do not need to file for a fictitious name. If you use just your initials, first name or last name such as AU Plumbing, Albert Contruction, or Jones Fishing, you need to file for a fictitious name. If you use any name other than your legal, given name or initials, you will have to file a fictitious name.
• Prior to filing a fictitious name statement, it is recommended that you determine if your business name is already in use.
Third: Resale License, Seller's Permit, or Sales Tax Certification
Obtain a resale permit, Sales Tax Application if required.File proper State Tax forms and obtain labor standards for employees.
• Some businesses are required to obtain a permit for “selling or acquiring any tangible items for repair or use in their business.” You must have a resale permit if your business is commercial, home-based, sales, or repair-oriented. You must have a resale permit for whatever parts or supplies are purchased at wholesale for later resale.
Fourth: State Tax Id: EIN Employer ID Back to Top
• If your business will have any employees other than yourself, check with the state on state withholding taxes, disability and unemployment insurance.
• For businesses employing only the owners, contact the Franchise Tax Board for state withholding and corporation state taxes.
Fifth: Federal Employer Number FEIN or Federal Tax Id
You need a federal tax id for a business id number and employer tax id.
Sixth: Small Business Administration
• Small Business Administration for financial and management training.Seventh: Back to Top
Most businesses or professionals are required to have a business license.
Information you need for a business license:
Business address approved by Planning Department (not in all cases).
Fictitious name and any local or State permits.
State resale permit number if required.
> Your business name and address
> Your business telephone number
> Description of your business
> The number of employees on staff
> The property owner’s name and the telephone number of the person to contact in case of an emergency
> The name, address, and telephone numbers of any contractors who will be involved in the operation of your business (i.e., gardener, janitorial service, consultants, etc.)
> Your Social Security number
> Your Federal I.D. number
> Your State Employee LD. number
> Your Driver’s License number
Additional requirements: Depending on the type of business you plan to conduct, you may required to have:
> Health Permit
> Fire Inspection
> Contractor’s License
> Building Permits
> An Alcoholic Beverage Permit
Does your store provide secure credit card transactions?
Absolutely! At businessnameusa E-Commerce Web Site real-time, secure credit card and check transactions are processed over ECHO's own Secure Payment Gateway and paid electronically! You don't have to worry about security or hackers! businessnameusa has you covered!
For your safety, ECHO is providing the following information to confirm that the merchant named below has been underwritten by ECHO to accept credit cards and/or on-line checks, and that the merchant processes those transactions using the ECHO secure payment gateway. If "YES" is shown after the words "Current ECHO Merchant", you can be sure that this merchant uses ECHO for payment processing, ensuring your privacy and security in the course of your online purchase.
Company Name: Xkr Essex, Inc
Company Location: BEVERLY HILLS, CA
Current ECHO Merchant: Yes
We use thorough underwriting methods and standards before setting up merchants for our processing services. However, ECHO expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, or injury arising out of:
- The activities of any merchant.
- The goods or services offered or the content displayed by any of the merchants.
- Your purchase of or inability to purchase any merchant's goods or services.
If you have any questions or complaints about the goods or services that you buy through any ECHO merchant, we encourage you to contact the merchant directly. If unable to achieve satisfaction through the merchant, the bank or association that issued your credit card can also intercede on your behalf through the chargeback process.